MINDFUL COMMUNICATION CAN BE AN AMAZING JOURNEY OF SELF DISCOVERY... LEARN HOW TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY WITH TECHNIQUES TAUGHT BY INSTRUCTOR MAISHA DYSON
Hello! My name is Maisha Dyson and I teach people how to deliver their BEST performance. I am a Certified Movement Analyst (CMA), fellow Actor, Entrepreneur and Educator.
My clients have included Authors, Entrepreneurs, Actors, Corporate Executives and other Professionals that required coaching for presentations, pitch meetings, interviews, stage, film and on-camera appearances.
Pulling the best performance out of you is my goal in all of my courses. As a Movement/Performance Specialist, I use comprehensive knowledge to identify movement patterns, convey the 'what' and 'how' of any human movement (along with text) and prepare people in numerous fields for active participation in the world.
As a CMA, I possess an acute understanding of a specific movement event and its complexity and context... I have the ability to:
◦ Understand and appreciate an individual's movement patterns and relates to and works with that in mind.
◦ Refine and expand one's movement repertoire by deepening movement awareness and understanding, and by providing the experience of a global range of movement within diverse environments.
◦ Assess human movement within an individual, group, cultural, situational and environmental contexts.
◦ Dissect others' movement style within a variety of contexts, including social interaction.
◦ Observe, record and interpret movement data using Motif, phrase writing, and recording from digital and live observation.
- the quality or state of being conscious or aware of something.
- a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
Performing and Teaching for over 25 years, Maisha's techniques are creative, engaging and practical in the real world. Mindful communication utilizes mind, body and spirit to embark upon an intuitive journey that is only as limited as your imagination. It is a powerful tool that can be used by anyone for self-discovery and self-expression. Maisha holds a Masters Degree from Columbia University/Teachers College in New York City & Bachelors Degree from Spelman College in Atlanta. Certified in Laban Movement Analysis (LMA) by the Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies (LIMS ®) in New York City, Dyson has been a member of the Screen Actors Guild/A.F.T.R.A. for 20 years. She is currently serving as an Adjunct College Professor at New World School of Performing Arts in Miami.