MINDFUL COMMUNICATION CAN BE AN AMAZING JOURNEY OF SELF DISCOVERY... LEARN HOW TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY WITH TECHNIQUES TAUGHT BY INSTRUCTOR MAISHA DYSON
Hello! My name is Maisha Dyson and I help people break through personal and professional communication barriers and become unstoppable. I am a former professional Actor, Certified Movement Analyst (CMA), Entrepreneur and Educator.
My clients have included Entrepreneurs, C-Suite Executives, Authors, Public Speakers and Actors that required coaching for media training, presentations, pitch meetings, stage, film and on-camera appearances.
Pulling the best performance out of you AND gaining confidence in public speaking is my goal in all of my courses.
As a Coach/Educator I have the ability to help my clients:
• Apply powerful communication techniques for business, a series of verbal skills and the mindfulness of body language - the way you look, sound, move - that engage, influence, inspire and persuade.
• Develop compelling content including personal stories that encourage natural communication based on shared affinities, while avoiding the habitual tendency to overwhelm your audience with too much technical information.
• Skillfully manage the awkwardness and tension that naturally occurs in the body when speaking and learn to be present and comfortable.
• Create speaker/presentation notes that are easy to remember and help you keep track of your content/dialogue while speaking to an audience.
• Learn key techniques that make effective use of your limited time during elevator pitches.
• Anticipate questions (and objections) and maintain your composure in difficult situations.
As a CMA, I use comprehensive knowledge to identify movement patterns, convey the 'what' and 'how' of any human movement (along with text) and prepare people in numerous fields for active participation in the world.
Transfer your skills to video and media (if applicable), both critical elements in today's social media driven and digital business environment.
- the quality or state of being conscious or aware of something.
- a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
Performing and Teaching for over 25 years, Maisha's techniques are creative, engaging and practical in the real world. Mindful communication utilizes mind, body and spirit to embark upon an intuitive journey that is only as limited as your imagination. It is a powerful tool that can be used by anyone for self-discovery and self-expression. Maisha holds a Masters Degree from Columbia University/Teachers College in New York City & Bachelors Degree from Spelman College in Atlanta. Certified in Laban Movement Analysis (LMA) by the Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies (LIMS ®) in New York City, Dyson has been a member of the Screen Actors Guild/A.F.T.R.A. for 20 years. She formerly served as an Adjunct College Professor at New World School of Performing Arts in Miami and guest lecturer at the University of Miami- Undergraduate Business School.